Teamfight Tactics is bracing for a huge overhaul in Set 4.5, “Festival of Beasts,” but first, Riot Games is getting the 2021 season underway with patch 11.1. The final update of Set 4 is nerfing Elderwood Mage duo Veigar and Lulu, while giving Ahri a nice sendoff with a handy set of buffs.
It’s been a bit of wait for the next TFT patch — the last one arrived in early December, then Riot took a little Christmas break — but the update is, finally, here as we head into League of Legends season 11.
With many saying the meta has been solved, TFT patch 11.1 will throw a spanner in the works for anyone looking to grind to their goal rank before the season ends on January 20.
Patch 11.1 is on the way. The first patch of the new year is our last patch before the Festival of Beasts!
— Teamfight Tactics (@TFT) January 5, 2021
Elderwood-Mage targeted in final TFT Set 4 patch
Elderwood-Mage rose up as the comp to play on TFT patch 11.1. If you found the items, Veigar became unkillable with Lulu by his side, assisted by a strong frontline of brawlers, and eventually legendary units late.
However, the Elderwood duo have been nerfed in Set 4’s final update. Veigar’s mana was upped by 10, while Lulu’s was changed from 60/120 to 80/150. Less spamming means less stacks and less tankiness, and more of an opportunity to break through the Elderwood barrier.
Sharpshooters Vayne, Jhin, and Teemo were also nerfed.
Ahri given one last hurrah with patch 11.1 buffs
While Vanguard-Mystic-Ahri has been dead since about patch 10.18, she could make a resurgence in TFT patch 11.1. The Spirit-Mage — given one last hurrah before being removed in patch 11.2’s “Festival of Beasts” update — is getting a mana and attack speed buff.
The changes are small in number, but could make the difference between getting one or two Spirit Bombs off.
Morgana is also getting a hefty buff ahead of her Set 4.5 rework with extra health and armor, while Aatrox, Kalista, Hecarim, and Lee Sin also received power-ups.
TFT Set 4 ranked season ends January 20
With the Festival of Beasts Mid-Set update launching on TFT patch 11.2, you’ll have two more weeks to reach your desired rank in Set 4. The ranked season will be ending on January 20, with Set 4.5 kicking off immediately after.
You can find the full TFT patch 11.1 notes below.
Teamfight Tactics patch 11.1: full notes
- Vayne Silver Bolts Damage: 50/90/140 ⇒ 50/90/130
- Hecarim Spirit of Life Damage and Healing: 250/400/600 ⇒ 250/400/750
- Lulu Mana: 60/120 ⇒ 80/150
- Teemo Chosen Stat: Mana ⇒ Spell Power
- Teemo Sporecloud Dart Damage: 300/450/900 ⇒ 300/400/900
- Kalista Health: 550 ⇒ 650
- Veigar Mana: 0/45 ⇒ 0/55
- Aatrox Health: 800 ⇒ 900
- Aatrox Armor: 40 ⇒ 70
Ahri Mana: 0/80 ⇒ 0/75
- Ahri Attack Speed: 0.75 ⇒ 0.8
- Jhin Whisper Ad Multiplier: 444/500/1234% ⇒ 444/475/1234%
- Morgana Health: 750 ⇒ 850
- Morgana Armor: 30 ⇒ 60
- Morgana Attack Range: 3 Hexes ⇒ 2 Hexes
- Lee Sin Armor and Magic Resist: 50 ⇒ 60
Board Cycling Improvement
- Cycling through boards with hotkeys now skips dead players. [PC only]
- Fixed an issue where some champions would fail to cast when affected by the slow from Azir’s Emperor’s Divide.
- Sett’s Showstopper now properly fails when blocked by Trap Claw instead of still dealing AOE secondary damage
- Brains before gains: Sett will no longer interrupt Showstopper to go do sit-ups.
- Sett’s been spending too much time in Night City: Fixed a bug that caused Sett to stop attacking and casting when Showstopper’s initial dash was interrupted by a state change (e.g. Guardian Angel, Zilean’s Rewind Fate).
- Fixed a bug where 11 Fortune loss was giving more Neeko’s than intended.
- Fixed a bug where Yone was shredding more Armor and Magic Resist than intended.
- Recipe hints now exclude components spawned from Thieves Gloves.