Animal Crossing: New Horizons just gets better the more you play it, right? Well, even if you’re not as smitten as us… There’s a new Animal Crossing update out now for you to download.
LATEST – New Animal Crossing Event Details!
Following the new Animal Crossing title update, we have a few more details about the upcoming events for Animal Crossing: New Horizons. They’re not Bunny Day, but it’s something!
May Day (April 29 – May 7): Use your May Day Ticket and tour a rather interesting island between April 29 – May 7. These tickets are single-use, so plan your trip accordingly. Have a good flight!
International Museum Day (May 18 – May 31): To celebrate International Museum Day, players can take part in a Stamp Rally between May 18-31.
READ MORE: Everything We Know About Nintendo at E3 2021
After talking to Blathers and receiving a special stamp card, players can enjoy viewing fish, insects, fossils, and art while collecting stamps at the various museum exhibits.
Wedding Season (June 1 – June 30): Since Reese and Cyrus got married in the month of June, it’s now their tradition to take wedding photos on Harvey’s Island every June. Meet up with them on the island and help take adorable photos. A few decorations go a long way!
You can check out more from Nintendo’s official Blog Post here.
New Animal Crossing Update Patch Notes
The latest Animal Crossing: New Horizons Title Update is a bit of a weird one. It actually doesn’t do a whole lot directly, but it seems as though it’s acting as a bit of a base for future updates.
For example, Nintendo mentions May Day (which is a few days away) but doesn’t actually tell us anything about the event in question?
Annoyingly, Nintendo Support isn’t too specific about what’s coming but here’s the full Patch Notes anyway:
- The May Day, International Museum Day, and “wedding season” seasonal events have been updated.
- It’s now possible to wake up from a dream by using the – Button.
- The following content has also been added:
- Additional limited-time seasonal items from Nook Shopping.
- Fixed an issue where the player could build a fence on the pier when standing on top of a custom design placed on the ground.
- Other adjustments and corrections were made to improve the game play experience.
Yeah. We know. That’s it? It isn’t exactly a “deep dive” into the update.
How To Update Animal Crossing
It’s actually really simple to update your games on Nintendo Switch and they should be automatically downloaded as and when.
However, if you’re still a little bit miffed on how to do it… We have the official step-by-step guide from Nintendo Support.
- Connect the Nintendo Switch console to the internet.
- Return to the HOME Menu and launch the game.
- The update will be downloaded and installed automatically.
- Once the update is installed, the newest version number will be displayed on the title screen.
Animal Crossing: New Horizons is a Nintendo Switch exclusive. Don’t expect to see it officially on any other platform anytime soon.