Now that the Fortnite Primal Season has come to an end, so has the bows, makeshift, and primal weapons. Surely, every player has come to love and adapt to the Primal Season’s weapons. These weapons are the pioneers of the weapon crafting system in Fortnite. But don’t worry, the crafting mechanic is here to stay. Meanwhile, old beloved weapons have finally come out of the vault once again, not to mention a few new weapon additions that are appropriate in the Invasion Season.
New Weapons Invented by the Aliens and IO
All hell broke loose as a galactic war has begun on the Fortnite Battle Royale Island. Of course, these invaders will not allow themselves to be outdone by the earthlings. This means they brought with them their special high-tech weapons to completely annihilate the planet’s population. Here’s a list of the new weapons that have been added to the game:
If you’ve ever played Apex Legends, then surely you’ve encountered or used the Charge Rifle. For this new Fortnite season, there are two weapons that work similarly to Apex’s sniper weapon:
- Kymera Ray Gun – Players will be able to get this gun by killing Trespassers. The Kymera Ray Gun is pretty much straightforward. Just point, shoot, and maintain your mark to constantly hit your target until the laser beam from the gun needs to recharge. Honestly, it doesn’t really deal much damage, but having infinite ammo makes up for its weakness.
- Rail Gun – This gun can become pretty overpowered just as long as you have a steady aim. Initially, the Rail Gun will provide a red beam of light to indicate where the player is aiming at. After a few seconds of charging, a heavy laser beam blast will burst out of the weapon leading to your opponent’s inevitable obliteration. Unlike the Kymera Ray Gun, the Rail Gun utilizes heavy bullets. Damage will be dealt once the Rail Gun is fully charged and ready to blast. So make sure to aim for those headshots in that few-second charge window you have.
If you think those charge weapons are crazy, check out these other weapons:
- Pulse Rifle – If you’re a fan of the Heavy Assault rifle, then this might be the weapon for you. The Pulse Rifle is practically a galactic-themed Heavy AR, but instead of regular ammo, this weapon shoots out laser-like bullets. The difference-maker here is its hip firing, as its fire rate increases while you hip fire.
- Recon Scanner – Now this utility weapon is INSANE! It gives you the ability to scan for chests, ammo boxes, and enemies around the area. Pretty neat, right? What makes this weapon more relevant is the fact that you don’t have to pick any ammo up, it automatically reloads itself after a 15-second cooldown. You might want to add the Recon Scanner to your loadout as it can be a very strategic weapon to use in your gameplay.
Fortnite Weapons that can be Crafted from Nuts and Bolts
Thankfully Epic Games has decided to leave the crafting mechanic in Battle Royale mode. For this season, crafting weapons will now serve as a way for players to sidegrade their weapons, since Upgrade Benches have returned, crafting will no longer upgrade your weapons. And because the Invasion Season is high-tech themed, the required materials for crafting would be Nuts and Bolts. These materials can be found in any floor loot spawns or the red toolbox-looking container scattered all over the map.
Here’s a list of weapons that you can sidegrade:
- Any Assault Rifle = Burst Assault Rifle
- Any Submachine Gun = Rapid Fire SMG
- Any Shotgun = Lever Action Shotgun
All Mythic and Exotic Weapons In-Game
Since the season is still fresh, not all Mythic and Exotic Fortnite weapons have made it into the game yet. But here’s what we know so far about the Mythic and Exotic weapons that are currently in the game:
- Slone’s Pulse Rifle (Mythic) – The first playable mythic weapon can be found in a secret base in Corny Complex. Here you will be tasked to kill Doctor Slone before she drops her mythic weapon.
- Shadow Tracker (Exotic) – You can get this gun from Maven for 400 gold bars.
- Chug Cannon (Exotic) – You are most likely going to find this exotic weapon from the Loot Llama. This harmless piñata has suddenly come to life and you can no longer simply search for its loot. Players now must eliminate the llama before being rewarded with loot. And because it’s a lot more complicated to loot the llama, it now drops weapons as a bonus reward for taking it out.
- Marksman Six Shooter (Exotic) – You can get this gun from Abstrakt for 400 gold bars.
- Night Hawk (Exotic) – You can get this gun after you take out a hostile Guggimon for 400 gold bars.
- Storm Scout (Exotic) – You can get this gun after you take out a hostile Riot for 500 gold bars.
All Unvaulted Weapons Making its Return to the Loadout
Meanwhile, some old Fortnite weapons that were removed during the previous Season are finally making a comeback. These are:
- Suppressed Submachine Gun
- Hand Cannon
- Heavy Assault Rifle
- Bolt-Action Sniper Rifle
The Return of Launch Pads on Fortnite
We haven’t seen the Launch Pad since Fortnite Chapter 2 Season 4. This utility trap served as a strategic item for players to use before entering or exiting fights. Launch Pads could also be used as a mode of transportation as they can easily let you jump from one place to another with great distance. It’s safe to say that players have indeed missed the Launch Pad and we are thrilled that they have finally made their comeback!
With all of these crazy new weapons and the return of many vaulted weapons, the Invasion Season will definitely be nothing short of chaotic. So what are you waiting for? Hop on the game, equip these insane weapons, start blasting out all the invaders, and join everyone in protecting the island. This is war!