Fortnite’s 17.20 update is the latest patch in Season 7, dropping July 20 on PC, PS4 & PS5, Xbox One & Series X, and Nintendo Switch. The major update includes a new Bugha ICON Skin, new LTMs, and the highly sought-after Preferred Item Slots system.
Fortnite Season 7 is in full swing, and there is a variety of different content for players to enjoy, with a new battle pass that includes the likes of Rick Sanchez from Rick and Morty to a ray gun and UFOs.
It’s been a few weeks since the last Fortnite patch, but it’s definitely been worth the wait for fans of the battle royale game. With a highly-anticipated setting change, a skin for the first Fortnite World Cup winner, and more, here’s everything you need to know about Fortnite’s 17.20 patch.
Fortnite 17.20 patch notes
Preferred Item Slots
Players have been asking for an automatic inventory system for a long time, and finally, Fortnite’s 17.20 update introduces the feature into the game.
With the new Preferred Item Slots setting, players will be able to choose which slot in their inventory weapons will enter when they are picked up. For example, if you like to keep your assault rifles in slot one, you’ll be able to set this so that any time you pick one up, it will appear in that location. You can watch the system in action below.
New Vorian Scout NPC
Notable Fortnite leaker HYPEX discovered a mysterious new NPC called Vorian Scout while digging through the Fortnite game files.
This character will carry Epic Tactical Shotgun that you will be able to blow away your opponents, and their description states that they “may or may not come in peace.”
Bugha ICON Series Skin & LTMs
Fortnite World Cup winner Bugha finally receives his own ICON Series Skin Bundle, which will be made available for purchase from the Fortnite Item Shop.
To celebrate the release of the skin, there are also two new LTMs for players to enjoy: Bugha’s Late Game and Pickaxe Frenzy.
Fortnite 17.20 bug fixes
As always, Epic Games have been hard at work fixing the bugs and glitches that have been plaguing the game over recent weeks. There’s an extensive list of issues addressed in the Fortnite 17.20 update patch notes across battle royale, Save the World, and Creative.
- The button for Arena Division/tournament details is currently unresponsive on controller.
- We’re aware the button for Arena Division/tournament details is currently unresponsive on controller. We’re working on a fix for this issue.
- ‘Hold Inventory button’ shortcut for accessing the Crafting menu is not working.
- The ‘Hold Inventory button’ shortcut for the Crafting menu simply leads to the Inventory menu instead of the Crafting menu.
- Epic Chests may sometimes not provide any weapons in Arena.
- We’re aware that sometimes players may search an Epic Chest in Arena and receive no weapon. We’re investigating the issue.
- Unable to fish while inside certain vehicles.
- We’re aware of an issue preventing players from using a Fishing Rod while in the passenger seat of a Motorboat or in the pick-up bed of an OG Bear truck.
- Props drive vehicles erratically.
- Driving a vehicle while Disguised as a Prop causes the vehicle to drive erratically.
- Cannot open Cosmic Chest if a player left the team.
- If a player leaves the team during a match, the team will be unable to open up a Cosmic Chest in the match.
- “Bars” showing up as 0 in the Lobby upon opening the game.
- Upon opening the game, players’ Bar total will show up as 0 in the Lobby. This issue is visual only: players still have all of their Bars.
- Cosmic Chest timers may remain on screen if a Bounty is poached.
- Players may continue to see the Cosmic Chest timer at 0:00 if they have an active Bounty that is poached by an enemy player while they are opening the chest.
- Fire temporarily disabled in Battle Lab.
- To address a stability issue, fire has been temporarily disabled in Battle Lab.
- Player can encounter infinite loading screen when flying out of Island.
- We’re investigating an issue that is causing players to encounter infinite loading screen when flying out of the Island.
Save the World
- Saurian Vigor perk stops working after respawn
- The Saurian Vigor Perk (Restores Health every 5 seconds) would stop working after a player respawned.
- Xbox players being exited from party when returning to Lobby.
- Xbox players may be exited from their party when returning to the Lobby. (Please note that affected players are not blocked from reuniting with the party.)
- New items automatically equipped after being picked up.
- New items being picked up will be automatically equipped under some circumstances.
- Unable to perform Last Forever Emote.
- Players may be unable to perform the Last Forever Emote after selecting it.
- Difficulty scrolling through player list in Voice Chat tab on controller.
- Players on controller may have difficulty scrolling through the player list in the Voice Chat tab if the player list is long.
- Xbox players may be unable to re-subscribe to Fortnite Crew.
- Xbox players may be unable to re-subscribe to the Fortnite Crew due to any outstanding balances on the account. The UI may catch players in a loop and will need to be resolved via Xbox’s account management website.
Image Credits: Epic Games