The latest patch for Epic Games’ blockbuster battle royale Fortnite is here, with the v16.20 patch rolling out on Tuesday, April 13 on PC, Xbox, PS5, and Nintendo Switch.
The third major update of Fortnite Season 6 introduces new vehicle mods that allow players to customize and build their ideal machinery, while a new Duos Cup and an update to Creative matchmaking is also on the way.
On top of that, Epic have been hard at work squashing bugs and fixing glitches to improve quality of life for players as they search for Victory Royales. Here’s everything you need to know about Fortnite’s 16.20 update, along with full patch notes.
Fortnite v16.20 Update patch notes
Vehicle mods have long been rumored for Fortnite, and finally they have arrived courtesy of the April 13 update. Epic teased their arrival by tweeting: “Trick out your ride with new wheels,” hinting at the fact that players can now equip new items that have different uses depending on terrain.
These new tires have different behavior depending on whether they are being driven on dirt, grass, or the road, and are difficult for enemies to pop.
New Bows & Duos Cup
On top of vehicle mods, there are also two new Bows for players to use, with the Grappler and Splinter Bow introduced in the 16.30 update.
The Splinter Bow will deal 100 damage to players, making it a useful tool to have in your inventory, while the Grappler Bow will let users zipline across the map.
The introduction of the two new bows will also lead to a “special Duos Cup,” with the bows acting as the weapon of choice.
On top of that, Creative Mode is about to get a whole lot bigger, with 50 player matchmaking now enabled.
As always, Epic have been working hard to fix the bugs and glitches that have been affecting the game over the past few weeks. Unfortunately, the devs don’t release a full list of everything they’ve addressed, but thanks to their official Trello page, we can see what they’ve been working on.
- Cannot create system-level parties between PS5 and PS4 when playing Fortnite.
- Code Green Wrap not appearing correctly.
- Arena playlist issues.
- Storm visibility is clear when using Performance Mode.
- Collection Book Character #17 not appearing on the Island.
- Slurpshrooms and Coconuts temporarily disabled.
- Start with ‘Pickaxe’ Creator setting still spawning with a Pickaxe.
- Vehicles not moving properly in Creative.
- Cosmetics in Lobby appearing blurry on Nintendo Switch.
- 3D resolution reset itself even if the player saved the settings.
Image Credits: Epic Games