With Fortnite Season 7 well underway, Epic Games are planning to introduce the 17.20 update patch soon, and it will bring a ton of new content like a new Underground POI, invading alien troops, and more in the patch notes.
Fortnite Season 7 is in full swing, and there is a variety of different content for players to enjoy, with a new battle pass that includes the likes of Rick Sanchez from Rick and Morty to a ray gun and UFOs.
Now, Epic Games are set to introduce another update patch that will bring even more changes to the battle royale. Here’s everything we know about the v17.20 update patch, including when it begins and what new content is in it.
When does Fortnite 17.20 update release?
Epic Games initially planned to release the Fortnite v17.20 update patch on July 6, but they ended up having to delay its arrival. Now, the patch is expected to launch on Tuesday, July 20, 2021.
We don’t know exactly at what time the patch will go live, but you will have to sit through a bit of downtime before you can play. We’ll update this article once more information has been announced.
Fortnite 17.20 patch notes
Invading Alien Troops
A tweet posted on the official Fortnite Twitter account warned players about an upcoming invasion. It stated that Alien soldiers are set to take over the map.
“Heads up, Saucers, this one’s a doozy!” it reads. “Just intercepted an IO call that Alien ground troops have begun mobilizing west. Islanders should be on high alert!”
The 17.20 update may also bring a new POI to the Fortnite Season 7 map, with a teaser image posted by Epic Games showing a new area of the island.
Somewhere underground, a giant UFO is sitting in a cave, and from the looks of things, it’s been there for a long time. The image shows two characters staring at the massive vehicle, giving hope that we may all be able to explore it.
Coral Castle Destruction
Coral Castle POI has been a popular spot in the battle royale since it arrived in Fortnite Chapter 2 Season 3. There was a theory floating around that the Believer Beach event in the Cosmic Summer Celebration would cause its total destruction.
Now, Epic Games have confirmed that the beloved POI will indeed go through some major changes soon. We might see it replaced by the Underground POI or another new landmark.
Preferred Item Slots
Players have been asking for a system that lets you automatically sort your inventory, and that feature is finally arriving in the Fortnite 17.20 update patch notes.
Epic Games confirmed that Preferred Item Slots will be arriving in the game, and this system will give you more control over where your collected items will go. This was previously leaked by prominent data miners and is a welcome addition.
New Vorian Scout NPC
Notable Fortnite leaker HYPEX discovered a mysterious new NPC called Vorian Scout while digging through the Fortnite game files.
This character will carry Epic Tactical Shotgun that you will be able to blow away your opponents, and their description states that they “may or may not come in peace.”
Fortnite 17.20 bug fixes
As always, Epic Games have been hard at work fixing the bugs and glitches that have been plaguing the game over recent weeks. There’s an extensive list of issues addressed in the Fortnite 17.20 update patch notes across battle royale, Save the World, and Creative.
- The button for Arena Division/tournament details is currently unresponsive on controller.
- We’re aware the button for Arena Division/tournament details is currently unresponsive on controller. We’re working on a fix for this issue.
- ‘Hold Inventory button’ shortcut for accessing the Crafting menu is not working.
- The ‘Hold Inventory button’ shortcut for the Crafting menu simply leads to the Inventory menu instead of the Crafting menu.
- Epic Chests may sometimes not provide any weapons in Arena.
- We’re aware that sometimes players may search an Epic Chest in Arena and receive no weapon. We’re investigating the issue.
- Unable to fish while inside certain vehicles.
- We’re aware of an issue preventing players from using a Fishing Rod while in the passenger seat of a Motorboat or in the pick-up bed of an OG Bear truck.
- Props drive vehicles erratically.
- Driving a vehicle while Disguised as a Prop causes the vehicle to drive erratically.
- Cannot open Cosmic Chest if a player left the team.
- If a player leaves the team during a match, the team will be unable to open up a Cosmic Chest in the match.
- “Bars” showing up as 0 in the Lobby upon opening the game.
- Upon opening the game, players’ Bar total will show up as 0 in the Lobby. This issue is visual only: players still have all of their Bars.
- Cosmic Chest timers may remain on screen if a Bounty is poached.
- Players may continue to see the Cosmic Chest timer at 0:00 if they have an active Bounty that is poached by an enemy player while they are opening the chest.
- Fire temporarily disabled in Battle Lab.
- To address a stability issue, fire has been temporarily disabled in Battle Lab.
- Player can encounter infinite loading screen when flying out of Island.
- We’re investigating an issue that is causing players to encounter infinite loading screen when flying out of the Island.
Save the World
- Saurian Vigor perk stops working after respawn
- The Saurian Vigor Perk (Restores Health every 5 seconds) would stop working after a player respawned.
- Xbox players being exited from party when returning to Lobby.
- Xbox players may be exited from their party when returning to the Lobby. (Please note that affected players are not blocked from reuniting with the party.)
- New items automatically equipped after being picked up.
- New items being picked up will be automatically equipped under some circumstances.
- Unable to perform Last Forever Emote.
- Players may be unable to perform the Last Forever Emote after selecting it.
- Difficulty scrolling through player list in Voice Chat tab on controller.
- Players on controller may have difficulty scrolling through the player list in the Voice Chat tab if the player list is long.
- Xbox players may be unable to re-subscribe to Fortnite Crew.
- Xbox players may be unable to re-subscribe to the Fortnite Crew due to any outstanding balances on the account. The UI may catch players in a loop and will need to be resolved via Xbox’s account management website.
Image Credits: Epic Games