With us well into Fortnite Season 7, Fortnite is set to make some significant changes to the battle royale in the 17.10 update. Here’s everything changing and coming to the game in this update.
Fortnite Season 7 is in full swing, but Epic Games has released a ton of new content with the 17.10 update. Players can now enter the Mothership which contains some exciting surprises, wield the wacky new items, and take part in the Summer Event.
Here’s everything you need to know about Fortnite’s 17.10 update, including the new gameplay features and bug fixes.
Enter Fortnite’s Mothership
Season 7, aptly named Invasion, saw aliens arrive on the Fortnite island and cause chaos. The aliens’ Mothership has loomed over the map since the beginning of the season, but you can now enter it following the 17.10 update.
Some players were disappointed with Season 7’s minimal map changes, but the Mothership’s descent is set to make up for it; the Mothership contains abducted POIs such as Lucky Landing and Butter Barn.
New weapons and items
Zyg and Choppy’s Ray Gun
Another powerful weapon has been added, Zyg and Choppy’s Ray Gun. The in-game description reveals it’s an “alien weapon” that “emits a continuous deadly ray.”
Boasting a fire rate of 15 and holding a 1000 round magazine, expect this to be a powerful weapon in Season 7. You can get your hands on it by dueling a specific boss.
Alien Nanites were added in the 17.10 update, which are rare items that change the world around you. Their in-game description reveals that they generate “an Alien Biome in a large area for a short duration” and you can carry up to two at a time.
Another wacky item, the Inflate-A-Bull has also arrived with the 17.10 update. This appears to be a wearable suit that allows you to “roll down hills, bounce off cliffs, and be impervious to fire.”
Fortnite Cosmic Summer Celebration event
Alongside these new items, the Cosmic Summer event follows the 17.10 update. After Epic Games teased a welcome party for the aliens, it has now been confirmed that the Cosmic Summer event will go live at 9 AM ET / 2 PM BST on June 22.
This event will bring challenges, new skins, and potential POI changes.
New Cosmic Summer event skins
The Cosmic Summer event will bring a ton of new summer-themed skins. These will enter the Item Shop once the event officially kicks off.
Fan-favorite characters will be going to the beach with their new skins, including Midas, Brutus, and Jules.
Fortnite Arena Hype points reset
With the 17.10 update comes the end of the competitive pre-season, so Arena Hype points will be reset. This affects players across all platforms, so you’ll have to start grinding competitive from scratch again.
Super Styles arrive
Players can now begin earning Super Styles for Season 7’s Battle Pass skins. These are usually earned at a high level, well over 100, so there’s all the more reason to complete the Weekly Quests for bonus XP.
You’ll be able to unlock Silver, Golden, and Prismatic styles for Rick Sanchez, Doctor Slone, and more.
Fortnite 17.10 bug fixes
Alongside the Recon Scanner being nerfed, Epic Games have revealed the known issues that were addressed in the 17.10 update.
- Item Shop update notice not clearing.
- Battle Royale
- Taking damage through cars while in motion.
- Ability to change loot pools in Battle Lab temporarily disabled. (RE-ENABLED)
- Character Collection Book incompletable due to missing entries.
- Saucers may become inoperable if a beamed-up object falls on it.
- Bunnywolf and Llion Sets temporarily disabled.
- One-handed Pickaxes continue to perform extra swings.
- Rounds not reporting correct placements.
- Hud Controller Device join in progress
- Images are cut off in the Discover tab.
- Player can encounter infinite loading screen when flying out of Island.
- Save the World
- Melee hits aren’t registering on Melee Weapons for PC.
- Saurian Vigor perk stops working after respawn
- No indicator on mobile/Nintendo Switch for the Saucer boost cooldown and charges.
- Nintendo Switch players unable to gift cosmetics, Bundles, or Battle Pass on controller.
Image Credit: Epic Games