Genshin Impact has taken the world by storm since its release in September 2020, generating over $100 million in revenue.
On November 11th the first patch will be released for the game, the 1.1 update.
Here is everything we know ahead of the update.
The 1.1 update will launch on November 11th and will feature many changes to the games.
New additions include new characters, items, and quests.
There will also be a Reputation System and a new 2 week event called Unreconciled Stars.
For a full breakdown of what to expect, click the link below.
Latest News – Reputation and Exploration Progress
It’s the latest update from miHoYo themselves, they touch on a very important aspect of Version 1.1.
A brand-new system arrives called City Reputation.
By interacting with certain NPCs, you will be able to accept requests to complete and increase your Reputation.
As your Reputation Level increases, you will unlock various Reputation Rewards!
You can increase your reputation by:
- Region Quests
- World Exploration
Update Version 1.1 Release Date
Genshin Impact Version 1.1 will launch on Wednesday, 11 November.
We also have the dates for the next two patch updates:
- 1.2 – 23 December
- 1.3 – 11 February
WARNING: Contains Spoilers
New Quest and Story Content:
- The new update will feature the remainder of the Chapter 1 storyline in Liyue including a brand new boss fight against Childe himself, inside the Golden House which is a bit more south of Liyue in a small new added plot of the map which will be repeatable afterwards just like the Boreas and Stormterror fights
- As far as new World Quests, none have yet to be confirmed for any characters that are currently missing them
New Features and QoL:
- The biggest and most important feature of the update is the reputation system. Each region will have its own reputation level with its own special rewards. Your rep level will increase as you explore, do side quests in the region, and do the new “bounties” and “requests” which we have no info on as of yet. To help track exploration your map will also have completion percentages per area of the map. Increasing your rep will unlock various features and benefits, profile cards, new cooking recipes, blacksmithing/alchemy recipes for brand new items listed in the later item section, and for Mondstadt reaching level 8 gives you a new glider skin! I think this new system will add quite a bit more new content for people as they try to max out their rep for each region. For the people who are asking whether this will be retroactive, your current exploration percentage is already being tracked what with your collected chests and oculi, and the quests you’ve already completed will count towards the reputation system as well.
- The ability to lock weapons and artefacts so you don’t accidentally trash them.
- A compendium allowing you to view info on flora and fauna within Teyvat.
- A camera lock setting so it stops automatically zooming or rotating itself.
- Excess EXP overflow when levelling weapons will be translated into ore if possible instead of completely wasted.
- Characters on expeditions will no longer be unavailable for use in the party.
- Ability to store your daily resin as Condensed Resin. This way, if you don’t want to play one day you can log on and store your resin to be used later. You can also now spend 40 resin within domains to get double rewards, meaning you only need to do 3 runs to use all your resin up instead of playing it 6 whole times.
New characters and banners
Zhongli, a 5 star Geo/Polearm user.
Zhongli’s basic attacks are uniquely animated compared to Xiangling’s polearm attacks, with him stabbing his spear into the ground before kicking it back out causing it to spin.
His charged attack makes him teleport forwards as energy spears rain in his path.
Zhongli’s Elemental Skill can be pressed to create a monolith with area of effect damage, or held to cause a burst around him destroying Geo element objects like shields or ore immediately.
His Elemental Burst summons a meteor which turns enemies to stone (works like the frozen effect!). His abilities scale with max HP and he has the passive of returning 15% of ore used to craft polearms!
Childe, a 5 star Hydro/Bow user. Standard basic and charge shot.
His Elemental Skill replaces his bow with a melee basic attack, consisting of dual water knives and a water polearm in his combo, and the skill has no cooldown meaning you can switch between either of his basic attacks on the fly.
He has 2 different Elemental Bursts: with his bow out, the burst shoots a water shot that inflicts a special debuff on enemies and automatically refunds you some elemental energy.
This combos with his melee Elemental Burst, which is a big slice that consumes the previous debuff to do more damage than usual.
His passive increases the basic attack talent of everyone in the party by 1 level!
Xinyan, a 4 star Pyro/Claymore user. She’s a rock star from Liyue! Standard basic attack string.
Her Elemental Skill has her swing her guitar, the more people she hits with the swing, the stronger resulting shield she gains, also scales with DEF.
Her Elemental Burst creates a sound shockwave around her as she plays her instrument, dealing knockback and setting the ground ablaze.
Her passive gives her a 12% chance to gain double result from cooking DEF boosting food!
Diona, a 4 star Cryo/Bow user. She’s the daughter of Draff from Springvale, and works as a waitress at Cat’s Tail in Mondstadt!
Standard basic attack string. Her Elemental Burst tosses an iced drink like a Molotov which both damages enemies and heals your teammates within the area it creates on the ground.
Childe’s status is unknown as there’s been no leaked banner featuring him, but he will most likely still be a future featured 5 star with his own banner.
Do not take these banners as definitive proof, as Klee’s beta banner featured different 4 star characters than the live version.
As for the permanent banner, it will be updated with the new 4 star characters and a new banner art.
- Five new 5 star weapons, one of each type. All 5 of them apparently share the same ability, but one reads as “Increases shield strength by 20%. For 8s after landing a hit, increase attack by 4%. Max 5 stacks, 0.3s per proc. In addition, when protected by a shield, increase the above attack buff effect by 100%”.
- Portable Teleporter you can place anywhere and it stays there for a maximum of 7 days before fading. You can use it anywhere you want to put a marker there.
- Anemo Bottle lets you store these wisp guys and release them anywhere for updrafts.
- Food Bag which lets you hotkey 2 food items together, will auto-refill itself unless you run out of that type of food.
- Portable Cooking Pot which lets you cook anywhere.
- Regional Talismans and Compasses, the talismans apparently let you track down Oculi, while the compasses help you track down chests.
New events and rewards
- Referral Event, get Mora for referring people and get primogems when they reach AR 15. players who are under AR 7 can use someone’s referral code even if their account is already made.
- Food Delivery Event for some primogems, each specific item has its own reward as well. Upon completing the set of 3 you are given new ones, not sure how many there will be.
- Gliding Event, there are 7 racetracks to do, where you are scored both on completion time and gain bonus points by collecting tokens along the track. Bronze, silver, and gold medals all give separate rewards.
- Unreturned Star Event – by participating in this three-part event you gain shards used in a limited time event shop, not all rewards are shown here as you can also get elemental crystals for character ascension and a free Fischl from this.
Boss Fight Leaked
Before we talk about the new boss fight that has been leaked – this is your last spoiler warning!
According to the leak, Genshin Impact’s next boss fight will task players with taking down Childe!
Childe will also transform midway through the fight to become even more powerful, so be prepared for a war.