MLB The Show 21 will soon be upgrading to Version 1.10 with Game Update 10, and the patch notes on this latest title update include fixes across various modes.
We’ve got all the details on Version 1.10 on PS4 (1.010 on PS5 & 22.214.171.124 on Xbox) and when it’ll deploy in MLB The Show 21.
MLB The Show 21 Version 1.10 Patch Notes
MLB The Show 21 has released details about Game Update 10, and it’s set to deploy on all consoles on July 1, 2021 at 4am PT (7am ET/6am CT).
As has become standard with each update for MLB The Show 21, they’ll also be taking the servers down when the update is set to deploy for routine maintenance.
While the title saw significant server issues at launch and in the weeks after, those seem to have settled down by now and server issues have been much less common.
The full patch notes for Game Update 10 can be seen below.
Online Head to Head:
- Fixed a bug that would cause the game to freeze when a player would disconnect their controller during a homerun sequence
- Fixed a bug that would cause players to freeze if the offensive player would enter a quick menu and the defensive player would pause at a very specific time
- Fixed a bug where if one player would enter the quick menu at the same time the other player would pause, the pause menu would stick to the screen
- The depth chart now shows the correct players rotation in later years
- Fixed a bug that would cause a previous players mugshot to show in an empty position in the depth chart
- The extra innings base runner rule is no longer applied in the Postseason
- Fixed an issue that would cause fielders to disappear after a defensive substitution
- Fixed an issue where Pitch Count and Pitch Speed would overlap on the scorebug
- Updated ASG uniforms to the 2021 design
- Various spelling errors fixed
Hitting & Gameplay balance changes coming
On top of the various fixes and few changes made in Game Update 10, Sony San Diego also included a note about some future changes on the horizon.
“There are no hitting or gameplay balance changes in this update, however, we have been following the feedback and hope to have some adjustments made to contact hitting (and more) in future updates.”
There’s been some criticism within the player community about the difficulty or lack thereof in hitting, especially when using contact swings.
While they didn’t tip off exactly what changes are coming, they could end up making a major impact on the game as a whole with hitting being core to every facet of the title.
If you’re having some of your own struggles hitting, check out our guide on how to improve and get the settings that work for you.