Fortnite’s V16.10 patch is now live across PC, Xbox, PlayStation and more, with changes being made to the Primal Shotgun, other items, and a few bug fixes to boot too.
Fortnite Chapter 2, Season 6 is now well underway and the first mid-season patch is here in the former v16.10.
The patch isn’t anything too crazy, there are no major map changes, game-changing new items, or anything like that. But, Epic have addressed the Primal Shotgun like some players have been calling for.
Additionally, Raptors will be available as tameable pets too, and cand be used to eliminate enemy players across the battle royale island. So, let’s get into the patch notes and check out everything that’s changed.
Primal Shotgun nerf & balancing
As noted, the biggest change in this patch is most the nerf to the Primal Shotgun. It’s become so used since the start of the new season, and caused issues.
What have Epic done in this update? Well, the close-range weapon’s fire rate is being tweaked with while damage stays the same. The fire rate was previously 3.8, but thats been cut, though, an exact number isn’t known just yet.
Additioanlly, changes are being made to a few items and floor loot as both Animal Bones and Mechanical Parts can be found on the floor now.
Fortnite v16.10 balancing changes
- Crafting & loot adjustments
- Creative Powerups now support Team, Class, and All combinations
- Primal Shotgun fire rate reduced
- Makeshift Shotgun gets v16.10 adjustments
- Crafting material costs now scale with Makeshift rarity
- Animal Bones, Mechanical Parts added to floor loot
New weapon: Junk Gun
There’s also a new weapon in town as well, the Junk Gun. As the name suggests, the weapon fires, well, junk.
Not too much is known about the Junk Gun just yet, but it appears as if trash/junk will become a ammo type just for this weapon.
Raptors come to Fortnite
A Jurassic Park/Jurassic World crossover has been rumored since last seasaon, and now with Epic going with a Primal theme in Season 6, it’s time for Raptors to descend on the battle royale.
Expect to see these Raptors chasing down players, and eliminating foes as there are kill feed messages in the files for them.
These Raptors should spawn up around Forest areas, given that’s their natural habitat. They’ll also be tamable so that you can use them to your advantage.
Fortnite v16.10 bug fixes
On top of all that, Epic are looking to root out a few big errors across the battle royale mode and Creative.
There aren’t too many fixes but the ones that are being impleneted with this patch should solve quite a few headaches.
- Cannot create system-level parties between PS5 and PS4 when playing Fortnite.
- Anomaly may not appear on Shark Island.
- Chapter 2 Season 5 Legacies missing.
- Visibility is extremely decreased when inside the Storm.
- Opening the inventory will cancel Tap to Search/Interact/Revive actions.
- Character Quests not counting for progression.
- Stackable items are not split when Shift-Dragged.
- Slow-motion effect.
- AI can get stuck in obstacles.
- Player portal appears as “Creative Don’t Fill.”