The Fortnite v15.50 update has been released and will be the last of Fortnite Season 5, so let’s run through the unofficial patch notes. The unvaulted weapon this week is the Rapid Fire SMG.
We’re in the final stretch of Fortnite Season 5, with the v15.50 patch reported to be the last update of the season. Epic have confirmed some details for the patch, with two weeks left before Season 6.
So, let’s run through the new content found by data miners, the expected bug fixes and updates coming in the v15.50 update, so you’ll have a better idea of what’s coming when you launch the game on March 2.
Details of three limited time modes have been revealed following this update, called Classic Loot, Bodyguard and Floor is Lava Disarmed.
There is no official confirmation on which of these leaked LTMs have been included in the update, but here’s what we’ve got to look forward to…
Loot from previous seasons, before Chapter 2 even begun, will be heading back to the world of Fortnite. According to HYPEX: “Classic Battle Royale loot comes to the new island!”
It will be interesting to see how that one plays out.
Floor is Lava Disarmed
Here’s another LTM revealed as part of the update, Floor is Lava Disarmed.
According to iFireMonkey, the description for this is: “Avoid the dangerous lava! Once it starts rising, get to high ground. Take your best shot by throwing what you find.”
Seen below, from HYPEX, the Bodyguard LTM will give each squad a VIP and then the bodyguards will be sworn to defend them.
VIPs will spawn with a Legendary Pistol to defend themselves, as well as a rechargeable revive grenade.
Weapons and Items
The loot pool has been tweaked slightly with this new content refresh, with the following been made available:
- Jelly Fish
- Rift Fish
- New Egg Launcher (Added to files, unreleased)
- Rapid Fire SMG is back!
- Flight Knock Pistol, presumably for LazarBeam’s tournament
The Hand Cannon has been vaulted, and while HYPEX has confirmed the new Egg Launcher following the update, it appears we’ll have to wait until Easter for that to hit.
Bug fixes are a part of any Fortnite update, and v15.50 is no exception. Epic are tackling some issues with this update, including a few long-standing problems that have been in the game for a while.
Here are all of the bug fixes listed as “Fixed in Next Game Update” on the Fortnite Community Issues Trello board.
- Total Bars appearing as 0 when loading into a match with high latency.
- Rift Fish and Jellyfish temporarily disabled.
- Cars not always dealing damage on impact.
- Snowy Floppers do not grant Shield or Icy Feet.
- Split Screen “Ready Up!” issue.
- (STW) Escalation Modifier Damage Buff does not buff Hero Skills or Gadgets.
Week 14 challenges (Epic Quests)
Here’s the full list of challenges for Week 15 of Fortnite:
- Collect cookbooks from Pleasant Park and Craggy Cliffs
- Harvest fruits and vegetables
- Earn bars to hire a character
- Visit different restaurant kitchens
- Drive vehicle from Sweaty Sands to Pleasant Park
- Drop off vehicle at the gas station in Lazy Lake or Catty Corner
- Drive vehicle from Pleasant Park to Lazy Lake
Follow all of the other changes in patch v15.50 on Twitter @FortniteINTEL. We always post all of the patch notes, leaks, and news coming out of the update there, first, so throw us a follow.
Image Credit: Epic Games