Epic Games are back with their latest major patch for Fortnite, with the 13.30 update dropping on PC, Xbox One, PS4, Nintendo Switch, and mobile devices on Tuesday, July 21, bringing with it some major map changes and new LTMS for the Summer Splash event.
We all know that water is the name of the game in “Sea-son 3” of Fortnite Chapter 2, with the entire map submerged. Over the past few weeks though, the tide has started to roll out, revealing new locations as dry land reappears.
With the 13.30 Update, the water has went down once again, as the Summer Splash event continues, offering fans more LTMs to sink their teeth into.
The big news in Fortnite’s 13.30 Update are the brand-new Gas Stations, which have been added in preparation for the addition of Cars at some point in the near future.
The locations have received a modern new look, with players likely required to head here to fill up their cars when they run out of juice, so they can continue driving around the map in search of a victory royale.
Summer Splash LTMs
Fortnite’s Summer Splash event is well underway, with Epic adding some more limited-time modes for players to enjoy in the latest update.
In an email sent to content creators, Epic confirmed that Payback!, Catch!, and One Shot would be making appearances over the coming weeks, although didn’t confirm what these game modes would actually entail.
Many expected that this update would finally see Cars appear in the game, ready for players to drive around and enoy, but unfortunately they have been delwayed, with Epic explaining that “many of the Island’s vehicles have been recalled.”
The reason behind the delay has yet to be confirmed, but it’s likely that the developers found some issues before setting them live, and have decided to hold back on their release until they have been addressed.
Fortnite 13.30 Update bug fixes
As per usual, the Fortnite team has also added a number of bugs and issues to their official Trello board, including fixes for Gliders, disabling Whirlpools, and other fixes.
Here is the full list of bug changes in the Fortnite 13.30 Update:
- Inability to edit floors and roofs at certain angles.
- ‘Lock Input Method as Mouse’ does not lock the input method.
- Mouse cursor appearing on PC when playing with controller.
- Party Assist Update
- Whirlpools temporarily disabled.
- Placing a map maker cancels movement.
- Replays not saving on PlayStation 4.
- XP gain from Foraged Items temporarily disabled.
- “Land at Frenzy Farm/The Yacht and finish Top 25” not counting in Duos/Squads.
- Slow Glider speed after redeploying in certain situations.
- XP bar can be visually incorrect while in a match. Incorrect leveling-up.
- Ocean’s Bottomless Chug Jug unable to be picked up while recharging if dropped by another player.
- Supply Drops at The Authority not opening when searched.
- Floating Rings not visible on platforms on lower settings.
- Black rectangles appearing behind player when turning around in the Storm.
- Gliding not working properly in The Authority.
- Consumable items don’t stay in Item Spawn Pads in Creative on mobile.