Fortnite Season 6 has officially begun, and it features a positively Primal Battle Pass with rideable wolves, a crafting system and more. The whole game has received an overhaul, so check out the highlight changes in these patch notes. All the details arrive courtesy of official Epic Games sources.
Fortnite Update 16.00 patch notes
Battle Royale highlights
- Zero Crisis Finale: During the Zero Crisis Finale, Agent Jones and The Foundation (one of The Seven) sealed the Zero Point in a tower of stone. As the Zero Point was being contained, it sent a mysterious pulse across the Island, erasing any advanced technology in its path and reshaping the landscape of the Island.
- Cross the Primal Boundary: untouched by modern technology, a primal biome spreads through the island. At its center is the Spire and the village that surrounds it. Lurking in the shadow of the Spire, the wilderness has taken over the Island’s locations, like Colossal Crops and Boney Burbs. If you venture to the edges of the primal biome, you’ll find Guardian Spires protected by mysterious forces.
- Make Your Weapon: Don’t just find your tools. Make them. Using loot from wildlife and technology untouched by the pulse, craft your own weapons anywhere. Craft high-damage primal weapons like the Primal Rifle, high-precision familiar weapons like the Revolver, and powerful Bows like the Flame and Metal Bow.
- Tame the Wild: Wildlife abounds on the Island, ranging from prey like chickens to vicious predatory wolves. Hunt or tame wildlife to not only live off the land but to gather materials for crafting. And though wolves may roam, the most fearsome predators have yet to hatch…
- Supplies for Success: The Zero Point may not have destroyed the Island, but some were preparing for that possibility. If you come across bunker chests, open them up for powerful weapons that can range from rare to legendary, like Rocket Launchers. As the season progresses, new advancements will arrive in the form of weapons and upgrades, like a new Chonkers tire set to let you tear it up off-road.
- Weapon and Map Updates: The new season adds a variety of weapons and map locations to the game just like any other seasonal update. Major changes include new POis like the Spire, Primal Pond, and Colossal Crops.There are also “Guardian of” locations that relate to original PoIs. Weapons include a wide range bows
- Vaulted: Common Assault Rifle, Lever Action Rifle (Uncommon, Rare, Epic), Bolt-Action Sniper Rifle (Rare, Epic, Legendary), Heavy Assault Rifle (All), Pistol (All), Suppressed SMG, Charge Shotgun, Dragon’s Breath Shotgun (Epic, Legendary), Tactical Shotgun, Lever Action Shotgun, Zero Point Fish, Thermal Fish
- Unvaulted: Pump Shotgun (Uncommon, Rare, Epic, Legendary), Revolver (All rarities)
Improved Barrier Device
The improved Barrier device is here and includes some updated artwork! Previously, the Barrier device was tied to the build grid, now it can be placed anywhere without needing to be anchored to prebuilt structures. The new Barrier device can be cut, copied, pasted and rotated, and is added to the quick bar rather than the trap inventory. Additionally, the Barrier provides improved scalability selections. If you need a small or large barrier, the scalability improvements will allow Creators to alter the size of the barrier before and after being placed.
Island Grid Changes
- To help creators remember which size of Grid Island is being used:
- The normal Grid Island now appears Green.
- The Large Grid Island now appears Blue.
- The Flat Grid Hub still appears Gray.
Islands Bug Fixes
- Fixed an issue where the Featured Island Rift locations were shifted to the right in the hub.
- Fixed an issue where the player could lose functionality during a game when an X-4 Stormwing was present on the island.
- Fixed an issue where a Seasonal Rift showed up instead of the Main Player Rift in the hub.
- Fixed an issue where the Start Game UI was hidden but could still start the game.
- Fixed an issue where the player could not edit island game settings.
- Fixed an issue where players sometimes encountered old hubs when using Creative Fill.
Gameplay Bug Fixes
- Fixed an issue where the player was halted every time a shot landed.
Tools Bug Fixes
- Fixed an issue where the player could move while navigating the inventory.
- Fixed an issue where the Equip button in the creative inventory did not function properly.
Weapons and Items Bug Fixes
- Fixed an issue where players could become invisible when using hiding props.
- Fixed an issue where the Mounted Turret failed to function properly.
- Fixed an issue where the Campfire was not destroyed when rocks were deleted.
- Fixed an issue where the Beacon badges did not respect view distance in-game.
Prefabs and Galleries Bug Fixes
- Fixed an issue where assets from the Oasis Island prefab and gallery could not be destroyed.
- Fixed an issue with low draw distance for the Primitive Shapes Gallery.
- Fixed an issue where the player was resized incorrectly using the Prop Gun and Phone Booth.
- Fixed an issue where the Sneaky Snowman disappeared when the player entered and exited the Phone Booth.
- Fixed an issue where HUD messages appeared at the top when the placement was set to Bottom Center.
Save the World
Don’t Forget to Cram with the Cram Session!
- Level up and evolve your favorite items during the Cram Session mini-event.
- For the duration of the event, Mini-Boss Mission Alerts will drop additional XP, Evolution Material, RE-Perk or Perk-UP rewards.
- Mini-Boss Mission Alerts will continue to drop Tickets.
- Added four series of quests, each of which has ten stages that grant increasingly better one-time rewards upon completion. (Hero/Schematic/Survivor XP, Evolution Materials, PERK-UPs, or Gold).
- Cram Session will be available from March 13, 2021 through April 3, 2021.
Four Leaf Wildcat Brings the Luck
“It’s my lucky day!” – Four Leaf Wildcat
- Standard Perk: Grenade Generation
- Every 45 eliminations, gain one Frag Grenade charge.
- Commanders Perk: Grenade Generation+
- Every 20 eliminations, gain one Frag Grenade charge.
Four Leaf Wildcat will be available in the Event Store March 20 at 8 p.m. EDT.
Wargames – Double Trouble
One Smasher… Two Smashers… Invulnerable Smashers… Modified Smashers. There’s two indestructible Golden Smashers with cycling modifiers loose in your Fort. If that doesn’t sound horrifying enough, their ill temperament switches between attacking Heroes and the fort.
Scratch Back with Highland Warrior Wildcat
“I have the high ground!” – Highland Warrior Wildcat
- Standard Perk: Pull the Pin
- Decreases Frag Grenade Energy Cost by 33 percent
- Commanders Perk: Pull the Pin+
- Decreases Frag Grenade Energy Cost by 83 percent
Highland Warrior Wildcat will be available in the Event Store March 27 at 8 p.m. EDT.
- Balloons item temporarily disabled.
- Unable to edit color Styles for the Phantasmic Pulse Pickaxe in the Locker.
- Inventory menu selector appearing on multiple slots.
- Pressing the default key in pre-game lobby starts the game.
- Main Player rift can sometimes show as a Seasonal Rift.
Save the World
- The Val Defender doesn’t have perks when unlocked from the Valor Questline.
It goes without saying that Fortnite Season 6 offers absolutely massive changes to the Battle Royale base, many of which have been either hinted at or leaked over the past several months.
The new crafting system, for example, sounds a lot like the weapon attachment system Epic had been building within Fortnite‘s code for quite a while. And those tameable wolves that were part of a leak that many fans originally assumed to be false have now made their way to a very changed Battle Royale Island.
While the Primal theme probably isn’t as cool as the Mandalorian hunter concept introduced in Season 5, the update still offers a sizable shift to the meta that has presented itself in a way that even the leaks didn’t fully predict.
Moving on to Save the World and Creative, it’s no surprise there’s not all that much there to talk about given that the bulk of update 16.00 focuses on Battle Royale. That being said, the Barrier device in Creative should help the community’s talented minds make better use of their maps. With Save the World, though, the two new grenade-focused Heroes do sound a bit boring.
On the whole, Fortnite update 16.00 offers everything fans had been hoping for including major feature overhauls and a new arena to play on. The sub-modes didn’t get that much love this time around, but we’ll likely see more changes there in the coming weeks.
Fortnite is available now on PS5, PS4, Xbox Series X|S, Xbox One, Switch, PC and Android.
What are your thoughts on Fortnite Season 6 so far? Do you like the new map? Tell us in the comments section!