Epic has released the Fortnite update 1.000.029 June 8 patch, or what the studio calls the big Chapter 2 Season 7 v17.00 title update! This brings a slew of new content, new events and more to the game! Head on below for the official list of fixes, and of course, the datamined content that points to what new stuff we’ll be seeing down the road.
Fortnite Update 1.000.029 Patch Notes (v17.00):
Info straight from Epic Games:
PC gets a new visual upgrade! Detailed here.
The Primal Season — and Makeshift weapons — will soon be extinct. Craft ‘em while you got ‘em. Downtime for Chapter 2 Season 7 begins at 2 AM ET (06:00 UTC).
With the launch of the new Season, please note that patch sizes will be larger than normal on all platforms.
In Season 7, we’re adding the ability to cancel your Shakedown of an opponent.
Hitting Reload or the same button/key you used to pick the opponent up will immediately drop them mid-shake, cancelling any accidental interrogations.
Creative New Content:
- HUD CONTROLLER DEVICE
- HUB ISLAND TEMPLATE
- PREFABS & GALLERIES GET GLASS
- MATCHMAKING CHANGES WITH PLAY MENU
We’ve made quality of life changes to the following areas
- XL Grid Island
- New XL Grid Island Material matches the Spatial Thermometer grid spacing.
- New Resources
- We’ve added the following resources from Save the World for use in games:
- Fibrous Herbs, Flower Petals, Rough Ore, Planks, Rough Mineral Powder, Simple Mineral Powder, Fine-Grain Mineral Powder, Char-Black Mineral Powder, Oxidized Mineral Powder, Quartz Crystal, Stringy Twine, Simple Twine, Study Twine, Peaky Twine, Carved Twine, Blast Powder, Rusty Mechanical Part, Simple Mechanical Part, Study Mechanical Part, Sleek Mechanical Part, Efficient Mechanical Part, Rotating Gizmo, Copper Ore, Silver Ore, Malachite Ore, Obsidian Ore, Brightcore Ore, Shadowshard Crystal, Sunbeam Crystal.
- These can all be found in the Consumables tab.
- We’ve added the following resources from Save the World for use in games:
- Added the HUD Controller device.
- This device allows you to hide individual elements of the player HUD during the game to remove any unnecessary clutter from the play experience.
- The following HUD elements can be disabled with the device: All, Mini Map, Info Box, Storm Timer, Player Count, Elimination Counter, Round Timer, Round Details, Build Menu, Player Inventory, Team Info, Health, Shields, Experience UI (Battle Pass), Wood/Stone/Metal/Gold Resources, Reticle, Pickup Stream, Equipped Item Info.
- Added a new option to the Trick Tile device.
- Reset After: (Range from 1 second – 10 minutes)
- This causes the Trick Tile to reset automatically after the specified amount of time has elapsed.
- Added a new option to the Sequencer device.
- Send Player Information: Yes, No (Default: No)
- If set to Yes, the sequencer will pass the player who activated it as the Instigator to any devices triggered by the pulse.
- Added Class restriction settings to the following devices:
- Player Spawn Pad, Player Checkpoint Pad, Teleporter, Conditional Button.
- Added new functionality to the Vending Machine.
- All 3 items added to the Vending Machine can now have their resource costs set separately in Wood, Stone, Metal or Gold.
DEVICE VISUAL UPDATES
- We’ve updated the visuals and added a glossy effect on the following devices:
- Player health device
- Save point device
- Race manager device
- Race checkpoint device
- Fixed several issues with the Damage Volume device.
- Fixed an issue where the Creature Placer was not spawning fiends correctly.
- Fixed an issue that caused player Pickaxes to change when using Changing Booth.
- Fixed an issue that prevented Bows from doing damage to the Choppa.
- Fixed an issue where games were not waiting for the full duration of the auto-start timer before starting the game.
- Fixed an issue that caused the “My Island” option to be greyed out.
- Fixed an issue that caused memory to be artificially higher on the XL Islands.
- Updated the inventory icons for the HUD Controller, Save Point and Race Checkpoint based on updated materials to the devices.
- Added a “Customizable” inventory filter to more easily find galleries with customizable assets.
- Fixed an issue that allowed the Phone Tool to be used outside normal boundaries
Save the World:
COMING JUNE 12 AT 8PM ET – THE BOWLER RETURNS TO THE EVENT STORE!
UNLEASH CANNONBALLS WITH THE BOWLER
Show the Husks you mean business with the Bowler! This launcher packs a punch and fires long-range cannon balls that damage and knockbacks groups of enemies.
COMING JUNE 19, 2021 AT 8PM ET – GET READY FOR YOUR NEXT GREAT VENTURE AND LOAD UP FOR HIT THE ROAD!
RETURN TO THE BLASTED BADLANDS VENTURE!
Get ready for a new Ventures Season, Commanders. The next Save the World Ventures Season sends us back to the Blasted Badlands!
Beginning June 19, 2021 at 8PM ET, join your fellow Commanders in the Blasted Badlands and battle the Husks with the returning (and newly improved) Rage Meter modifier. Also to note, Venture Level rewards and experience gained has been updated to match previous recent Venture Seasons.
Rather than constantly draining your energy, this modifier now just prevents energy from regenerating on it’s own. Battle the Husks to refill your energy and then wreak havoc with your abilities.
Unchanged from the last Blasted Badlands Season, Rage Meter drastically reduces your ability cooldowns and increases their damage. Energy management is key here, Commanders! It’s wise to fill your energy bar before taking on the next wave of husks.
This Ventures Season is expected to conclude on September 4, 2021.
THE IMPOSTOR QUESTLINE RETURNS
Search the Blasted Badlands for a true Hero! Train Dennis to become a warrior in the Blasted Badlands Venture Zone to unlock Homebase’s own burger boss!
DENNIS, HOMEBASE’S FAVORITE “CHEF” RETURNS
“Who ordered the Dennis?” – Dennis
- Standard Perk: Burger Buff
- Eliminations have a 8% chance to drop a Burger. Burgers grant 53 base health and 5 energy every 1 second for 3 seconds.
- Commander Perk: Burger Buff+
- Eliminations have a 15% chance to drop a Burger. Burgers grant 85 base health and 8 energy every 1 second for 3 seconds.
LOAD UP THE VAN! IT’S TIME TO HIT THE ROAD
Get ready for some high intensity road trip action as you assist Quinn and company in broadcasting their Songs of the Summer. Challenges, modifiers, and obstacles await you along the way, and getting there is half the adventure. Careful, Commanders!
Week 1 of each driver is simple: Escort the van and tackle the modifier. On their second rotation, beware the modifier stacking. Load up the van and gather your group because it’s time to Hit the Road. Complete week 1 of Hit the Road to unlock Rex Jonesy.
ROAM THE LANDS WITH REX JONESY!
“Hunting the competition to extinction” – Rex Jonesy
- Standard Perk: Saurian Might
- Every 1 second, adds 3% of current health to damage of next ranged weapon hit.
- Commander Perk: Saurian Might+
- Every 1 second, adds 9% of current health to damage of next ranged weapon hit.
SMASH THE HUSK WITH THE WALLOPER
Deliver a hefty smash with the Walloper! Grab this Massive Flintlock hammer from the Event store and deliver a devastating heavy leap attack to the Husks.
THE RADDEST LLAMA OF THEM ALL RETURNS
The Rad Llama is back! Exchange 500 Hit the Road tickets and get your rock on with 4 Rad Heroes and 5 Boombox Weapons.
Issues Addressed by v17.00:
Unable to equip cape Back Blings on Rebirth Raven’s Rachel Roth Style.
Players are unable to equip cape Back Blings on the Rachel Roth Style of the Rebirth Raven Outfit.
Shanty for a Squad Emote out of sync when joining already-singing players.
The Shanty for a Squad Emote may sound out of sync when players join in on the Emote with already-singing players.
Unable to craft Mechanical Bows or Primal Fire Bow in core modes after playing in competitive mode.
With the release of Chapter 2 Season 7, Mechanical Bows and Primal Fire Bows are not present in Battle Royale.
Players will be unable to craft Mechanical Bows or the Primal Fire Bow when playing in core modes after playing in a competitive mode.
Restarting the game will fix this issue.
Chapter 2 Season 7 Trailer:
Fortnite v17.00 datamined content:
That seems to be it for the datamined content.