This is an odd season of Fortnite: Battle Royale. Typically we get ten weeks of challenges and then a dead-zone that’s filled either with special overtime challenges or events.
This time around, Epic Games is doing things a bit differently. Last week, instead of Valentine’s Day challenges, those were simply Week 11. And now we have a new batch of Week 12 challenges leaked online. It appears there will be at least 15, if not 16, weeks of challenges total for Season 5.
Both the Epic Quests (aka Weekly Challenges) and Legendary Quest (limited time challenge) have leaked. There’s something of an aquatic theme this week.
Epic Quests (Week 12)
- Deal damage within 15 seconds of gliding (0/200
- Visit Scenic Spot, Gorgeous Gorge, and Mount Kay
- Destroy inflatable tubemen llamas at gas stations (0/3)
- Find a family portrait from a shipwreck (0/1)
- Throw a fish back in to the water (0/1)
- Hit different opponents with a harpoon gun (0/3)
- Catch different weapon types from fishing spots (0/3)
So not all of these are water-themed, but the majority. And they could still change by tomorrow morning, though that’s unlikely.
As you can see, a harpoon gun will come in handy. So will a pro fishing pole. Both these items make catching weapons more likely.
Not a bad week of challenges, all told. Plenty of variety and it’s not just searching ammo boxes and chests. Challenges go live tomorrow at 6am PT / 9am ET. We’ll have guides here at Forbes Games.