Season 10 of Fortnite: Battle Royale–or Season X, as developer Epic Games is calling it–is officially underway. The latest season of the popular free-to-play shooter is rolling along on PS4, Xbox One, PC, Nintendo Switch, and mobile devices, and it makes the usual assortment of tweaks that come with every seasonal changeover. There are new areas of the map to explore, as well as a new Battle Pass to purchase, which gives holders access to a variety of challenges and unlockable rewards.
That’s not all that’s different this season, however. Epic has also made some big changes to how challenges work. In the past, the developer would release a new set of challenges to complete each week throughout the season, some of which would be available to everyone, even if they didn’t own a Battle Pass. Now, however, most of the game’s missions are locked behind the Season X Battle Pass.
The missions are also structured a bit differently this season. Instead of weekly challenges, Epic is grouping tasks together under different, themed sets. Each set also only initially offers three challenges, with additional ones being unlocked as you complete them. There are two themed sets available thus far, Road Trip and Rumble Royale, although more will be available as the season progresses.
You can see the full list of Fortnite Season X challenges thus far below, along with links to our dedicated guides to help you complete them. We’ll continue to update this list throughout the season as more challenges become available, so be sure to check back regularly for all the latest tips and guides.
Fortnite: Battle Royale Season X Challenges
Road Trip Challenges
- Visit Drift-painted Durr Burger Head, a Dinosaur, and a Stone Head Statue
- Deal damage to opponents while riding in a vehicle (200)
- Destroy stop signs with the Catalyst outfit (10)
- Ride a Zipline in different matches (3)
- Search a chest in different Named Locations (3)
- Visit Lazy Lagoon and Lucky Landing in a single match
- Get Trick Points in a vehicle (250,000)
Destroy Stop Signs With The Catalyst Outfit
As its name states, this challenge involves destroying stop signs while wearing the Catalyst skin. The outfit is unlocked in tier 1 of the Season X Battle Pass, so once you’ve gotten it, equip the skin and get ready to commit some casual vandalism. You’ll need to destroy 10 stop signs in total to complete this challenge, and this can be done across matches. As you’d expect, the stop signs are scattered across the entire island, but you’ll find several of them in a handful of locations, particularly Pleasant Park, Salty Springs, Mega Mall, and Paradise Palms. Once you’ve destroyed 10, the challenge will be complete and you’ll earn 10 Battle Stars. Be sure to check out our stop sign locations guide for more details on where to go.
Visit Drift-Painted Durr Burger Head, A Dinosaur, And A Stone Head Statue
This challenge is straightforward enough on the face of it–all you need to do is visit the three specified locations. The Durr Burger head can be found atop a hill just east of Pleasant Park. The dinosaur, however, is on the opposite end of the map–you’ll see it beside a road to the south of Paradise Palms. Finally, the stone head statue is located near the frozen lake to the north of Polar Peak–it resembles a Moai statue (with a chair on top of it for some reason), so you can’t miss it. Once you’ve visited all three monuments, you’ll complete the challenge and receive 10 Battle Stars. For a more detailed look at where to go, check out our stone head statue, Durr Burger head, and dinosaur locations guide.
Rumble Royale Challenges
In contrast to the Road Trip challenges, the Rumble Royale challenges are all tied to Team Rumble mode. You’ll begin with a total of three tasks, with additional ones unlocking as you complete them. These are fairly straightforward compared to the Road Trip missions, ranging from winning a certain number of matches to assisting teammates with eliminations. You can see the list of Rumble Royale challenges we’ve unlocked so far below.
- Play matches of Team Rumble with at least one elimination (5)
- Win a match of Team Rumble (3)
- Assist a teammate with eliminations in Team Rumble (20)
- Build structures with the X-Lord outfit in Team Rumble (200)
- Damage opponents in a single match of Team Rumble (500)
- Eliminate opponents less than 5m away in Team Rumble (5)
- Search Supply Drops in Team Rumble (5)
- Deal damage with SMGs to opponents (500)
- Spray a Fountain, a Junkyard Crane, and a Vending Machine
- Spray different Gas Stations (3)
- Find lost Spray Cans (5)
- Deal damage to opponent structures with a Minigun (3,000)
- Eliminate opponents with an SMG less than 15m away (3)
- Search chests at Tilted Town (7)
Spray Different Gas Stations
To complete this challenge, you’ll need to travel around the island and leave a spray at three different gas stations. There are eight gas stations in total scattered around the map; however, one of these was located at Neo Titled and has since disappeared after the area was turned into the Wild West-themed Tilted Town by a Rift Zone. Even so, you have plenty of options to choose from when taking on this challenge. You can see all the gas station locations below:
- Neo Tilted (currently unavailable)
- Eastern side of Pleasant Park
- Along the road south of Pleasant Park
- North of Polar Peak, near the indoor soccer field
- Area just north of Lucky Landing
- Northern end of Salty Springs
- Southern end of Paradise Palms
- Southern edge of the island east of Paradise Palms
Find Five Lost Spray Cans
Continuing the graffiti theme of the Spray and Pray challenges, this mission asks you to find lost spray cans. There are several of these scattered all around the island, but you only need to search five of them to complete the challenge. The cans themselves are fairly small, but you’ll know you’re close to one when you see graffiti scrawled on a nearby object or wall. You can see all the lost spray can locations that we’ve found in our full guide.
- Use a Rift (1)
- Visit a Rift Zone (1)
- Deal damage to opponents at a mountaintop Viking Village or Loot Lake (200)
- Visit a memorial to a cube in the desert or by a lake (1)
- Eliminate opponents in the desert (3)
- Search chests at Loot Lake (3)
- Consume foraged mushrooms (10)
Visit A Rift Zone
Rifts were a major component of Season 5, but Rift Zones didn’t begin appearing until the start of Season X. Rather than warping you to a different point on the island, these zones transform whole sections of the map, as we saw following the release of the 10.10 update, when Mega Mall turned back into Retail Row. There are two Rift Zones thus far–one at the aforementioned Retail Row, the other at Tilted Town (formerly Neo Titled)–and you only need to visit one of these to complete the challenge. For more details, check out our full guide on where to visit a Rift Zone.
Visit A Cube Memorial
Many of Fortnite’s Worlds Collide challenges pay homage to Season 5, and one of the most memorable elements of the season was the giant purple cube that appeared in the desert and eventually transformed Loot Lake. The cube has now been memorialized with two statues, one of which you’ll need to visit to complete this challenge. The first is located in the desert to the southwest of Paradise Palms–where the cube originally materialized–while the second can be found by Loot Lake. You can read more in our full cube memorial locations guide.
- Search a chest within 60 seconds after landing from the Battle Bus (3)
- Land at a Hot Spot in different matches (3)
- Deal damage within 30 seconds after using a Launch Pad (100)
- Search two chests within 30 seconds of each other (3)
- Pick up a Legendary item in different matches (3)
- Search a Supply Drop within 10 of it landing (3)
- Deal damage to opponents at Hot Spots (200)
Welcome To Pandora Challenges
- Collect cash from chests and opponents in Pandora (10)
- Eliminate opponents in Pandora (3)
- Search chests in Pandora (7)
- Find Claptrap’s missing eye and then return it to him (2)
- Gain shields in Pandora (500)
- Search different Vault Symbols (3)
Search Different Vault Symbols
As part of the limited-time Borderlands crossover event, a Rift Zone has transformed part of the desert into Pandora, the setting of Gearbox’s shooter series. One of the challenges you’ll need to complete in this area is search different Vault Symbols. These can be found spray-painted on various objects around the area, but you only need to search three of them to complete the challenge. We’ve marked a few of their locations on the map above, but you can read more tips on how to complete the mission in our dedicated Vault Symbols location guide.
Fortnite Season X Coverage
- Fortnite Season 10 Battle Pass: Skins, Price, How It Works, And More
- Fortnite Season 10 Battle Pass Rewards: Skins, Emotes, Back Bling, Pets, And More
- Fortnite Season 10 Update Notes: BRUTE Mech, Rift Zones, And More
- Fortnite Season 10: Big Changes To How Daily & Weekly Challenges Work
- Fortnite Season 10 Map Changes: Rift Zones, Comet, Skeleton, And More
- Fortnite 10.00 Content Update: Titled Town, Automatic Sniper Rifle, And More