Fortnite update 11.40 has launched on PS4, Xbox One, Nintendo Switch, PC and Mobile platforms this morning.
And in a bizarre turn up of events, Epic Games actually went and revealed some official Fortnite patch notes too.
Maybe they’ve turned over a new leaf and this is one of their new year resolutions.
However, one of the other new additions to the game today, is a series of new Overtime challenges, designed to give you something to pass the time between now and the end of the season.
For those curious, the current season of Fortnite, has been extended until “February 2020”, with Epic Games yet to commit to a firm date for when everything comes to a close.
That being said, most dataminers believe the new season will end somewhere between February 6 and February 13. As with most new seasons, this also falls on a Thursday.
For now though, as we mention, there is a series of new Overtime Challenges. Dataminers have leaked the existence of several, but live today, January 15, 2020, are two.
The Rippley vs Sludge Overtime Challenges and the 8 Ball vs Scratch Overtime Challenges.
As you’ll imagine, it’s filled with the usual assortment of fetch quests and accolades to achieve over the coming weeks.
There are, however, one or two that maybe require a bit more explanation.
One of those, found in the Rippley vs Sludge Overtime Challenges, is one that reads:
‘Search the hidden gnome found inbetween Logjam Woodworks, a wooden shack, and a bucket tree.’
Lucky for you, it’s not all that tricky once you know where to look.
And to help you, Fortnite YouTuber InTheLittlewood has done the hard graft in showing you where to look for this little Gnome.
So have a watch of the below video for more answers and a visual guide.
That said, if you want to know and cut to the chase, head to the little swamp in B6, right next to the bucket tree.
And keep reading if you want the full low down ofRippley vs Sludge Overtime Challenges available.
Rippley vs Sludge Overtime Challenges
- Earn Gold Scavenger Medals by searching chests, llamas, or supply drops (3)
- Achieve AR Specialist Accolades in different matches (3)
- Land in a Named Location in different matches (3)
- Deal any damage with a placed Trap to an opponent (1)
- Destroy SLURP Barrels, SLURP Trucks, or SLURP Silos (10)
- Swim 50m un under 5s (1)
- Visit Lazy Lake and Slurpy Swamp in the same match while riding in a Motorboat (1)
- Eliminations at Risky Reels, Fort Crumpet, or Hydro 16 (5)
- Search the hidden gnome found inbetween Logjam Woodworks, a wooden shack, and a bucket tree (1)
- Catch a fish with a Fishing Rod, a Harpoon Gun, and an Explosive Weapon (1)
Rippley vs Sludge Overtime Rewards
- Complete 1 Challenge: 52,000 XP
- Complete 2 Challenges: 52,000 XP
- Complete 3 Challenges: 52,000 XP
- Complete 4 Challenges: 52,000 XP
- Complete 5 Challenges: 52,000 XP
- Complete 6 Challenges: 52,000 XP
- Complete 7 Challenges: 52,000 XP
- Complete 8 Challenges: 52,000 XP
- Complete 9 Challenges: 52,000 XP
- Complete 10 Challenges: 52,000 XP + Variant for Rippley outfit (seen above)