Fortnite update 11.40 launched earlier this morning on PS4, Xbox One, Nintendo Switch, PC and Mobile platforms.
And for once Epic Games actually shared some official Fortnite patch notes to celebrate the release of the first big update of 2020.
Well, we say ‘big’ but in truth the patch notes were still relatively minimal in contrast to some other updates we’ve seen from the game.
However, one thing that players have discovered since the game came back online, is a series of new Overtime challenges, designed to give you something to do before the next season changeover.
For those curious, the current season of Fortnite, has been extended until “February 2020”, with Epic Games yet to commit to a firm date for when everything comes to a close.
That being said, most dataminers believe the new season will end somewhere between February 6 and February 13. As with most new seasons, this also falls on a Thursday.
For now though, players can jump into the new 8-Ball vs Scratch Overtime Challenges and Rippley vs Sludge Overtime Challenges.
In exchange, players will earn plenty more XP to level up that battle pass and some unique skin variants too.
As you’ll imagine, it’s filled with the usual assortment of fetch quests and accolades to achieve over the coming weeks in order to keep you busy.
There are, however, one or two that maybe require a bit more explanation.
One of those challenges, found in the 8 Ball vs Scratch Overtime Challenges, reads:
‘Search the hidden gnome found inbetween Fancy View, a wooden shack, and a big house.’
Like most missions of this nature in Fortnite, it’s not tricky, but you just need to know where to look.
To help you, Fortnite YouTuber InTheLittlewood has done the hard graft in showing you where to look for this little Gnome.
So have a watch of the below video for more answers and a visual guide.
That said, if you want to know and cut to the chase, head to the little swamp in A5, a little north-west of Holly Hedges. The gnome in question is plonked in the middle of a big field. Just waiting to be collected.
And keep reading if you want the full low down of ALL 8 Ball vs Scratch Overtime Challenges available.
8-Ball vs Scratch Overtime Challenges
- Earn Bronze Battle Medals by getting eliminations in a match (3)
- Ring the doorbell of a house with an opponent inside in different matches (3)
- Dance at Rainbow Rentals, Beach Bus, and Lake Canoe (1)
- Swim at different No Swimming signs (2)
- Deal damage with a Harpoon Gun to opponents (75)
- Gain Health or Shields in a bush (1)
- Search the hidden gnome found inbetween Fancy View, a wooden shack, and a big house (1)
- Bounce on bouncy objects in different matches (3)
- Visit mountain Base Camps (1)
- Travel 100 meters while dancing (100)
8-Ball vs Scratch Overtime Rewards
- Complete 1 Challenge: 52,000 XP
- Complete 2 Challenges: 52,000 XP
- Complete 3 Challenges: 52,000 XP
- Complete 4 Challenges: 52,000 XP
- Complete 5 Challenges: 52,000 XP
- Complete 6 Challenges: 52,000 XP
- Complete 7 Challenges: 52,000 XP
- Complete 8 Challenges: 52,000 XP
- Complete 9 Challenges: 52,000 XP
- Complete 10 Challenges: 52,000 XP + Variant for 8-Ball outfit (seen above)