Fortnite’s 17.20 patch is officially on the way, with a new LeBron James ICON Series skin, an Underground POI, and an invasion of alien troops set to join the game in the next major update.
Fortnite Season 7 is well underway, with aliens taking over the island, and more expected to appear over the coming weeks. It’s no surprise then that fans of the game are anxiously waiting for the game’s next major update, and the good news is that it doesn’t seem like there will be a long wait.
While we don’t have any official release date or patch notes just yet, here’s everything we know about Fortnite’s upcoming 17.20 patch.
When does Fortnite 17.20 update release?
Unfortunately, we don’t have an official release date from Epic Games just yet, but we expect the patch to drop within the next week.
Originally, it was believed that the 17.20 update would launch on Tuesday, July 13, but after a flurry of activity on the official Fortnite Twitter account, many think it will likely be available before that.
Fortnite 17.20 patch notes
LeBron James ICON Series skin
Fortnite’s ICON Series brings skins of popular content creators and celebrities to the game, and according to leaker ShiinaBR, NBA legend LeBron James is set to join the game when the 17.20 patch officially drops.
What the Small Forward will be wearing when he finally makes it into Fortnite remains unclear, but considering that the Epic Games teamed up with the NBA back in May to add team skins to the game, it’s possible we may see the ‘Kid from Akron’ rocking his Lakers gear.
Invading Alien Troops
LeBron won’t be the only visitor to Fortnite’s island, with a tweet posted on the game’s official account revealing that Alien soldiers are set to take over the map.
“Heads up Saucers, this one’s a doozy!” it reads. “Just intercepted an IO call that Alien ground troops have begun mobilizing west. Islanders should be on high alert!”
The 17.20 update may also bring a new POI to the Fortnite Season 7 map, with a teaser imaged posted by Epic Games showing a new area of the island.
Somewhere underground, a giant UFO is sitting in a cave, and from the looks of things it’s been there for a long time. The image shows two characters staring at the massive vehicle, giving hope that we may all be able to explore it.
Fortnite 17.20 bug fixes
As always, Epic Games have been hard at work fixing the bugs and glitches that have been plaguing the game over recent weeks. There’s an extensive list of issues addressed this week, across battle royale, Save the World, and Creative.
- The button for Arena Division/tournament details is currently unresponsive on controller.
- We’re aware the button for Arena Division/tournament details is currently unresponsive on controller. We’re working on a fix for this issue.
- ‘Hold Inventory button’ shortcut for accessing the Crafting menu is not working.
- The ‘Hold Inventory button’ shortcut for the Crafting menu simply leads to the Inventory menu instead of the Crafting menu.
- Epic Chests may sometimes not provide any weapons in Arena.
- We’re aware that sometimes players may search an Epic Chest in Arena and receive no weapon. We’re investigating the issue.
- Unable to fish while inside certain vehicles.
- We’re aware of an issue preventing players from using a Fishing Rod while in the passenger seat of a Motorboat or in the pick-up bed of an OG Bear truck.
- Props drive vehicles erratically.
- Driving a vehicle while Disguised as a Prop causes the vehicle to drive erratically.
- Cannot open Cosmic Chest if a player left the team.
- If a player leaves the team during a match, the team will be unable to open up a Cosmic Chest in the match.
- “Bars” showing up as 0 in the Lobby upon opening the game.
- Upon opening the game, players’ Bar total will show up as 0 in the Lobby. This issue is visual only: players still have all of their Bars.
- Cosmic Chest timers may remain on screen if a Bounty is poached.
- Players may continue to see the Cosmic Chest timer at 0:00 if they have an active Bounty that is poached by an enemy player while they are opening the chest.
- Fire temporarily disabled in Battle Lab.
- To address a stability issue, fire has been temporarily disabled in Battle Lab.
- Player can encounter infinite loading screen when flying out of Island.
- We’re investigating an issue that is causing players to encounter infinite loading screen when flying out of the Island.
Save the World
- Saurian Vigor perk stops working after respawn
- The Saurian Vigor Perk (Restores Health every 5 seconds) would stop working after a player respawned.
- Xbox players being exited from party when returning to Lobby.
- Xbox players may be exited from their party when returning to the Lobby. (Please note that affected players are not blocked from reuniting with the party.)
- New items automatically equipped after being picked up.
- New items being picked up will be automatically equipped under some circumstances.
- Unable to perform Last Forever Emote.
- Players may be unable to perform the Last Forever Emote after selecting it.
- Difficulty scrolling through player list in Voice Chat tab on controller.
- Players on controller may have difficulty scrolling through the player list in the Voice Chat tab if the player list is long.
- Xbox players may be unable to re-subscribe to Fortnite Crew.
- Xbox players may be unable to re-subscribe to the Fortnite Crew due to any outstanding balances on the account. The UI may catch players in a loop and will need to be resolved via Xbox’s account management website.
Image Credits: Epic Games / Wikimedia Commons: Christopher Johnson