Armed Forces Flag day 2020: Armed Forces Flag Day is celebrated every year on 7th December in India with an objective to collect the funds from people for the betterment of the Armed Forces staff just by selling Indian flags, batches, stickers, and other items.
Over the years, it has become a tradition to commemorate this day as an honor to the soldiers, sailors, and airmen of India. The three branched of the Armed Forces – the Indian Army, the Indian Air Force, and the Indian Navy – organize a variety of programs to showcase their efforts towards national security.
Significance and Purpose of Armed Forces Flag Day 2020
- Flag Day is mainly observed to serve three basic purposes
- Rehabilitation of battle casualties
- The welfare of serving personnel and their families
- Resettlement and welfare of ex-servicemen and their families.
- The Armed Forces Flag Day commemoration and the collection of funds through the distribution of flags. It is a time for Indians to express their gratitude and appreciation to the current and veteran military personnel of India and to acknowledge those who died in service to the country.
Armed Forces Flag Day 2019 celebration
On Armed Forces Flag Day, the staff from the Indian Military arranges various traditional and cultural programs, dramas, festivals, and other entertainment activities to show in front of the general public of the nation about their safety. However, due to COVID-19 pandemic, this year events will take place virtually.